The gemstone Tanzanite, the blue and violet variety of mineral zoisite (Calcium aluminium hydroxyl sorosilicate), belongs to the epidote group. In 1967, Jumanne Mhero Ngoma (Tanzanian) found this gemstone in the Merelani Hills of the Manyara Region in Northern Tanzania, near Arusha and Mount Kilimanjaro. Tanzanite gem is well known because of its structural properties like strong trichroism and a shade of blue-violet appearance. The name was given after Tanzania, where it was found, and by Tiffany and Co. The natural colour of Tanzanite in its natural state is little reddish brown, which, when exposed to heat, becomes blue-violet. It is the 10th most valuable gemstone in the world. Based on its hardness, it ranges up to 6.5 on the Mohs scale.
Tanzanites are heated at the temperature of 370-390 degree Celsius after which they produce little blue-violet colour. Geologist believe that due to abundant use of the stone and as limited generation , the stone will no longer last than 25 years and because of that it has been declared as the “gemstone of generation” because the next generation will have to see it in books only. Due to its physical properties the gemstone stands along with the gemstone Sapphire which is similar and have blue colour which makes them similar to people to buy. The most preferable gemstones can be obtained under 5 carats and more than 50 carats are generally very rare to obtain.
The main origin of the natural Tanzanite is in Tanzania and the Merelani Hills of the Manyara region, and it is found easily in areas around 2-7 km.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Colour : Blue, Violet
- Crystal habit : Prismatic crystals with striations.
- Mohs scale hardness : 6.5
- Lustre : Vitreous, pearly on cleavage surfaces
- Streak : White or colourless
- Specific gravity : 3.10–3.3
- Refractive index : 1.69–1.70
Synthetic Cure and Healing Properties:
Natural Tanzanite helps bring out all the aspects of communication by enhancing inner abilities. A person can reach up to his high potential of psychic abilities by wearing Tanzanite gemstone.
Tanzanite Gem also makes a person’s mind very relaxed, and a person becomes compassionate and loving with everyone. Those who seek career opportunities can wear Tanzanite, but it is advised to seek proper information before wearing this gemstone.
Tanzanite Gem also helps cure imbalanced emotions by treating the chakras and roots of the emotions.
Tanzanite can help in treating various problems related to skin and hair and can develop psychic abilities of a person. A person seeking to attain spiritual power by meditation can wear this stone which will act as a boosting agent to the abilities of a person.
- In the awakening of psychic abilities and for spiritual growth Tanzanite is very auspicious.
- Deep blue colour Tanzanite crystal is very much helpful in gaining strength, calmness, positivity.
- Tanzanite Gem is also a good stone for situations where you need a soothing and calming presence.
- Tanzanite brings passion, energy, desire towards work, generating innovative ideas and increase in sexual energy as well.
- Tanzanite gem helps in the detoxification of the blood and increases vitality
- Develops person confidence and treats all kinds of addictions.
Natural Tanzanite is available in AA and AAA quality. Tanzanite loose stones can be selected from the shapes listed below.
The natural Tanzanite Gem price depends on its color, transparency, size, shine, and inclusions. If you want to buy them online, “gems n gems” is the ultimate choice. Call or contact us to know its price.
ALL ITEMS ARE IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY
Cubic Zirconia stones
Lab Created gemstones
Nano Sital Gemstones
Please select one of the following shapes to see the prices
Showing 1–10 of 82 results