The gemstone Tanzanite, which is the blue and violet variety of mineral zoisite (Calcium aluminium hydroxyl sorosilicate) belongs to the epidote group. In 1967, Jumanne Mhero Ngoma (Tanzanian) found this gemstone in the Merelani Hills of Manyara Region in Northern Tanzania, near the city of Arusha and Mount Kilimanjaro. Tanzanite is well known because of its structural properties like strong trichroism, a shade of blue-violet appearance. The name was given after Tanzania where it was found and by the Tiffany and Co. The natural colour of Tanzanite in its natural state is little reddish brown which when exposed to heat becomes blue-violet. It is the 10th most valuable gemstone in the world. On the basis of its hardness it ranges up to 6.5 on Mohs scale.
Tanzanites are heated at the temperature of 370-390 degree Celsius after which they produce little blue-violet colour. Geologist believe that due to abundant use of the stone and as limited generation , the stone will no longer last than 25 years and because of that it has been declared as the “gemstone of generation” because the next generation will have to see it in books only. Due to its physical properties the gemstone stands along with the gemstone Sapphire which is similar and have blue colour which makes them similar to people to buy. The most preferable gemstones can be obtained under 5 carats and more than 50 carats are generally very rare to obtain.
The main origin of the Tanzanite is in Tanzania and in Merelani Hills of Manyara region and in area around 2-7 km it is found easily.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Colour : Blue, Violet
- Crystal habit : Prismatic crystals with striations.
- Mohs scale hardness : 6.5
- Lustre : Vitreous, pearly on cleavage surfaces
- Streak : White or colourless
- Specific gravity : 3.10–3.3
- Refractive index : 1.69–1.70
Synthetic Cure and Healing Properties:
Tanzanite helps in bringing out all the aspects of communication by enhancing the inner abilities. A person can reach up to his high potential of psychic abilities by wearing Tanzanite gemstone.
Tanzanite also makes persons mind very relaxed and person becomes compassionate and loving with everyone. Those who seek career opportunity can wear Tanzanite but it is advised to seek proper information before wearing this gemstone.
Tanzanite also helps in curing the imbalanced emotions by treating the chakras and roots of the emotions.
Tanzanite can help in treating various problems related to skin and hair and can develop psychic abilities of a person. A person seeking to attain spiritual power by meditation can wear this stone which will act as a boosting agent to the abilities of a person.
- In the awakening of psychic abilities and for spiritual growth Tanzanite is very auspicious.
- Deep blue colour Tanzanite crystal is very much helpful in gaining strength, calmness, positivity.
- Tanzanite brings passion, energy, desire towards work, generating innovative ideas and increase in sexual energy as well.
- Tanzanite helps in detoxification of blood and increasing vitality.
- Develops person confidence and treats all kinds of addictions.
Natural Tanzanite is available in AA and AAA quality