Lab Created Ruby# 5
Lab Created Gemstones – Synthetic Corundum – Lab Created Ruby – Synthetic Ruby
In ancient times, rubies were often more valuable than diamonds. Chinese lore posits that Emperor Kublai Khan offered an entire city in exchange for one ruby. Many cultures have attributed a variety effects to wearers of ruby including increased awareness, enhanced concentration, and heightened courage. The deep red color symbolizes the sun, and it was believed that if a ruby were thrown into water, the water would boil. In the modern era, ruby crystals have found value in watchmaking, medical instruments, and lasers.
- COLOR: The ruby gem stone is a pink to blood-red colored variety of Corundum
- CHEMICAL COMPOSITION: Al2O3 (Corundum)
- CUT: Baguette, Cushion, Emerald, Heart, Marquise, Oval, Pear, Round, Square, Triangle, Trillion
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 3.97 – 4.05
- REFRACTIVE INDEX: 1.768–1.772
- HARDNESS: 9
- BIRTHSTONE: Ruby is the birthstone of July
- UNUSUAL PROPERTIES: Ruby’s intense energy sharpens the mind, bringing a heightened awareness and excellent concentration. It promotes a courageous attitude, and may increase one’s success in controversies and disputes. Rubies both naturally formed and lab-created, are highly prized crystals for technological use in areas such as watchmaking, medical instruments, and lasers for microscopic surgery.
|TREATMENT: There are two types of lab grown rubies, which use different types of processing to create the red crystals. Both processes use the basic minerals necessary to create the red color associated with the ruby. The color is the result of combining aluminum oxide (which, by itself, is colorless) with chrome, creating a mineral known a corundum, or ruby. Flame fusion is a famous and first process to produce synthetic corundum. They are created by dissolving a super-heated solution of aluminum oxide in lead oxide, then placed into a chemical solution where the growth of crystals occurs over a period of several hours. Because of the quick growth and lack of inclusions that the flame fusion process produces, the result is a glassy appearance with no inclusions, and often small gas bubbles occur. Another method to produce a ruby is Flux method. Flux growth rubies are created in a process that can take up to six months to complete, and produce crystals that have qualities that are much closer to those of a naturally occurring ruby. Using a using a process in which the conditions of intense heat and controlled pressure provide a suitable growth medium for ruby crystals. The minerals are inserted into a molten mixture of chemicals, which is called “flux”. The lab grown ruby crystals form within the flux, forming in straight growth planes, in the same manner as a natural ruby would.|
USAGE: Rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, pendants and any other jewellery
WHAT WE SUPPLY: We have the best quality lab made rubies for sale in different cuts and sizes. Buy lab grown rubies from our online store gems n gems. Still have any doubts! Contact us now.
Lab grown rubies: Gems n gems lab-created rubies comprise identical chemical, physical and optical properties similar to the natural rubies. We tend to deliver too perfect rubies that adds magnifience and perfection to your ornaments. Buy lab-grown rubies as our rubies have an attractive index drawing lots of attention. Do you have queries? E-mail us at email@example.com
Showing 1–10 of 189 results