Natural African Amethyst – Genuine African Amethyst
Amethyst, the rich purple variety of quartz, was once so rare that it was classified as one of the precious gems. Purple gemstones have been adored for various reasons. There’s something about a purple gemstone that intrigues people, and the purple color is also often associated with royalty, wealth, and passion.
While naturally occurring, purple gemstones are rare, and a few interesting and beautiful stones have been found in this enigmatic hue.
- Color: Natural African Amethyst is a purple gem from light purple to intense royal purple mauve and violet.
- Origin: Large deposits of natural amethyst were discovered in Brazil in the 19th century. Today the finest amethyst comes from Zambia in Africa.
- Chemical Composition: Amethyst is a macrocrystalline variety of Quartz with the chemical formula SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide). Experts attribute the purple colour of amethyst to small amounts of Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) impurities (approximately 40 parts per million) at specific sites in the crystal structure of quartz.
- Cut: Baguette, Emerald, Heart, Marquise, Oval, Oval Cabochon, Pear, Round, Round Cabochon, Square cuts. But more offbeat fancy shapes, such as the trillion cuts, are coming on strong.
- Specific Gravity: 2.65
- Refractive Index: 1.544-1.553
- Hardness: 7
Natural Amethyst is produced in abundance, where it occurs in large geodes within volcanic rocks.
Heating is the most common treatment that can alter a stone’s colour to lighten, darken, or change completely. Very dark amethyst is heated to produce lighter shades. Most of the amethyst available in the gem market is enhanced to get exotic shades. Treating Amethyst under controlled conditions can produce astonishing colours or intensify the royal purple at 400c to 600c.
A purple variety of quartz, amethyst is a semi-precious yet popular gemstone. Amethyst would be very expensive if not for its natural abundance. Its royal colour makes it desirable and can be compared to the most expensive purple crystals. So if you want a gem that is easy on your pocket and yet glamorous, amethyst is a perfect choice. The amethyst is sufficiently durable and can be worn confidently without worry. It does not break easily due to the absence of cleavage planes. Amethyst is the trendiest purple gemstone. Its distinctive color complements almost any complexion and wardrobe.
Metaphysical Properties Of Natural Amethyst claims
Amethyst, natural or synthetic, is considered to open a person’s third eye. The third eye symbolizes the source of power and wisdom. If you place natural amethyst or synthetic crystals in your home, they will absorb the negative energy and produce an air of tranquility in the universe.
Moreover, natural amethyst obstructs “geopathic stress” and electromagnetic frequencies that may promote negativity. The inherent energy of the ground is believed to be disrupted when this happens. So, wear natural or genuine amethyst to attract its various benefits.
Amethyst is the birthstone for February & the anniversary gemstone for the 6th year of marriage.
Earrings, pendants and any other jewellery, Beads jewellery.
What We Supply
Best quality Natural African Amethyst in the Cuts mentioned above is AAA grade. We can also supply A and AA grades. It will be lighter in colour than AAA and cheaper.
We offer genuine amethyst of 2 origins
African Amethyst – Deeper colour