Natural Black Onyx
Onyx is known as the stone of power, reason why it is the birthstone of zodiac sign Leo which itself roars in the list of zodiac signs. The stone has been the symbol of braveness. It has been said that the word Onyx has been taken from the word “Onux” according to Greek mythology which means “nails” of the finger. Black Onyx is the combined form of silica, morganite and quartz. Unbelievably these gemstones are available around the world at different locations. These stones are widely used in all applications in industries and also as the gemstone to heal the chakras.
The earlier use of Onyx was done by Egyptians in early age and they used it in making utensils. But now the black onyx has become the gemstone around the world and is widely used in the jewelry making and industrial applications. The stone has the shiny black appearance and contains mystical powers as it diminishes the fear from the person.
The stone seems to be around 6.5-7 in terms of hardness on the Mohs scale which makes it little suitable for the use but can be worn as earrings and necklace only as much exposure to light, the scratch will deplete the quality of the stone. The stone is somehow ideal for making jewelry but not much used.
India, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Canada, Germany, India, Indonesia, USA and various states of UK as well are the main locations where the Black Onyx are easily found. Natural Black Onyx is available in all shapes and sizes.
Physical and Chemical Properties
Colour : Blue, Black and Various.
Hardness : 6.5-7
Lustre : Vitreous-silky
Refractive index : 1.53-1.754
Chemical Formula : SiO2
Healing Properties and Industrial Applications
FORMATION: Black Onyx is formed of collections of fine-grained quartz in alternating colors. It is in a rocky texture under an of fine intergrowths of the silica crystals quartz and moganite. Its lines are parallel to each other.
TREATMENT: In the treatment of Black onyx they get soaked in boiling fine-grained quartz mixed with the sugary solution. In the next step, they get treated with sulphuric and hydrochloric acid to carbonize sugar which was absorbed.
UNUSUAL PROPERTIES: Black Onyx saves you from the negative energy and protect your lifeforce from bad vibes, and this gemstone is great for lawyers as they are constantly surrounded by the opposition who usually holds bad intentions for them. Of course in a business sense. Black Onyx assists in the progress of emotional and physical strength particularly when help is needed like in times of death, trauma, or any misfortune.
BIRTHSTONES: Black Onyx is regarded as the traditional gemstone for the astrological signs of Leo.
USAGE: Rings, Earrings, nose pins, necklaces, and any other jewelry, beaded, and tumbled jewelry.
WHAT WE SUPPLY: We supply Black onyx loose stones in all kinds of colors, qualities from different origins, and in different kinds of cuts. But the ones listed in this section are medium quality, Black Onyx. For other these stones, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and we will find that piece for you.
- The stone of Black Onyx is the stone of Saturn and governs the zodiac sign, Leo. It has the anti-fearful quality which makes it suitable for the person who faces less confidence and fear at every stage.
- The stone provides protection from the “evil-eye” as well.
- Black onyx is known to remove the dilemma and suffering of the person related to past relationships, work or any reason.
- Intuitive skills become better with the use of this stone for a long term.
- Focus, attention and balance with positivity are easily attended with the long-term use of stone.
- Black Onyx has been effective in reducing the stress and provides effective results to those who work hard as it governs Saturn planet and the planet Saturn blesses the person for its hard work and removes obstacles from the path who are loyal towards their work and give dedication.
- Black onyx is used in building material in industries.
- The floor of the homes, sinks, tables.
- Onyx is used in industries for making utensils, lamps and bowls.
There is a story which is related to the Onyx stone that once Venus was sleeping when the Cupid showed up and cut the fingernail of Venus while she was at the river bank, all the nails have fallen down into the water and later composed to form Onyx stone.
ALL ITEMS ARE IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY
Showing 1–10 of 14 results