Lab Created Ruby# 5
Lab Created Gemstones – Synthetic Corundum – Lab Created Ruby – Synthetic Ruby
- COLOR: Ruby is pink to blood-red colored variety of Corundum
- CHEMICAL COMPOSITION: Al2O3 (Corundum)
- CUT: Baguette, Cushion, Emerald, Heart, Marquise, Oval, Pear, Round, Square, Triangle, Trillion
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 3.97 – 4.05
- REFRACTIVE INDEX: 1.768–1.772
- HARDNESS: 9
- BIRTHSTONE: Ruby is the birthstone of July
- UNUSUAL PROPERTIES: Ruby’s intense energy sharpens the mind, bringing a heightened awareness and excellent concentration. It promotes a courageous attitude, and may increase one’s success in controversies and disputes. Rubies both naturally formed and lab-created, are highly prized crystals for technological use in areas such as watchmaking, medical instruments, and lasers for microscopic surgery.
|TREATMENT: There are two types of lab created rubies, which use different types of processing to create the red crystals. Both processes use the basic minerals necessary to create the red color associated with the ruby. The color is the result of combining aluminum oxide (which, by itself, is colorless) with chrome, creating a mineral known a corundum, or ruby. Flame fusion is a famous and first process to produce synthetic corundum. They are created by dissolving a super-heated solution of aluminum oxide in lead oxide, then placed into a chemical solution where the growth of crystals occurs over a period of several hours. Because of the quick growth and lack of inclusions that the flame fusion process produces, the result is a glassy appearance with no inclusions, and often small gas bubbles occur. Another method to produce a ruby is Flux method. Flux growth rubies are created in a process that can take up to six months to complete, and produce crystals that have qualities that are much closer to those of a naturally occurring ruby. Using a using a process in which the conditions of intense heat and controlled pressure provide a suitable growth medium for ruby crystals. The minerals are inserted into a molten mixture of chemicals, which is called “flux”. The ruby crystals form within the flux, forming in straight growth planes, in the same manner as a natural ruby would.|
USAGE: Rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, pendants and any other jewellery
WHAT WE SUPPLY: Best quality Lab Created Ruby in different cuts and sizes.