Cubic Zirconia White A
Cubic Zirconia White/ Cubic Zirconia Colorless/ Cubic Zirconia Clear
The crystalline form of zirconium dioxide is known as Cubic Zirconia. It is hard to determine that whether it is zirconia or a diamond because of the unbelievable similarity between diamond and zirconia and also there hardness are similar due to which people feel like buying Cubic Zirconia more plus it is cheaper than any other diamond and available in different colors as well.
It was earlier discovered in the year 1892, where it was available in the natural form of baddeleyite. Cubic Zirconia ranges from highest grade to lowest where the lowest is A and highest is 6A. The lowest quality zirconia is easily available and is as similar as high-grade cubic zirconia. The stones are often distinguished on the basis of brilliance.
Developed countries like China, Germany, North America and Europe make the maximum use of zirconia as it is highly used in the nuclear treatment and applications. Also, Chinese products are composed of ceramics which are made with the zirconia itself and many other industries.
Cubic Zirconia is used mostly by craftsmen and artists who use it for designs and creations. The hardness of cubic zirconia ranges about 8 on the Mohs scale where it is as similar as diamond.
Cubic Zirconia is formed by the synthetic treatment in the laboratory of the skull crucible where the zirconia powder is packed and fed into the cup shapes water-filled pipes. The pipe is wrapped with the induction coils having radio frequency perpendicular to pipes of copper. Calcium oxide is mixed as the stabilizer in the zirconia powder. These stones are available in different shapes and sizes.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Color : White, yellow, pink. Orange, red
- Hardness : 8
- Lustre : Transparent to opaque
- Refractive index : 2.15-2.18
- Chemical Formula : ZrO2
Healing Properties and Industrial Uses
- Cubic Zirconia is used in the applications of nuclear energy and application.
- Cubic zirconia in the powdered form is used in the chemical industries as it is highly resistant to corrosion thus it protects the rusting of materials and corrosion.
- Laboratory crucibles are made in the laboratory they are highly resistant to high temperature and provide protection of metals and elements.
- Zirconia is used in the refractory and ceramics creating as well as the casting of applications.
- It is used in making cans to hold the reactor fuel rods.
- In order to make components of aeroplanes, where it acts as the alloy with magnesium to make components lighter which makes the movement of aeroplanes faster mostly in fighter planes.
- Special scissors are used in big industries where it is used in cutting of materials, the reason why because the ceramics do no rust plus it is as strong as steel.
- In the dental implants, they are used in forming components as they do not rust while in constant contact with water.